|JacksonHeights.nyc establish structure for this wiki and for other elements of the JacksonHeights.nyc Initiative. That being said, thoughts about this page from general users are most welcomed.|
There are three access levels to the JacksonHeights.nyc Initiative's resources:
- Stakeholder-Member - The stakeholder-members govern JacksonHeights.nyc as a digital common. They may present concerns, list events and opportunities, test civic ideas, record neighborhood history, and as governors, establish rights and responsibilities for using the commons.
- Member - A membership class created for former residents and tourists. Members support JacksonHeights.nyc's operation and have limited posting privileges.
- Visitor - A non-member who may read from JacksonHeights.nyc resources but may not post to them.
To become a registered stakeholder one must:
- Live in the neighborhood, or
- Work in the neighborhood, and
- Agree to the Initiative's acceptable conduct and use policies
The Stakeholder-Member Application Process
Becoming a Stakeholder-Member is a two step process.
Complete Online Application
First the prospective member must complete an online form with the following:
- First and Last Name
- Street Address
- (telephone - optional)
- (organization - optional)
- Date of birth
- Screen name
- Membership level
Confirm Local Nexus
Second, upon signing up online, a post card is sent to the Jackson Heights address provided. Upon entering the Verification # on the card, the applicant is granted stakeholder status
Applicants are reviewed by a Membership Committee.
Three access levels are offered.
|Access Level||Read||Write||User Page||Governance Rights|