|This page is a stub - it contains too little information to provide an adequate awareness of the page's topic. Please help improve the Jackson Heights wiki by expanding it.|
This page presents a guide to elected and appointed government officials Jackson Heights residents can contact in their efforts to improve the neighborhood.
The focus here is strictly government. For other quasi or supra government institutions that have an impact on our neighborhood, such as the 82nd St Partnership and Port Authority, go directly to those organization's pages.
- 1 Elected City Office Holders
- 2 Elected State Office Holders
- 3 National Office Holders (Washington D.C.)
- 4 Appointed Officials
- 5 External Links
Elected City Office Holders
- City Council District 21 - Julissa Julissa Ferreras-Copelandwas elected to the New York City Council in 2009, as the representative for District 21. She is the first woman, first person of color, and the youngest to chair the Council’s Committee on Finance. Her district , which oversees the City’s $82 billion budget process as well as the Department of Finance, Comptroller’s Office, Banking Commission, Tax Commission, Department of Design and Construction, and the Independent Budget Office. Her 21st District includes portions of East Elmhurst, Elmhurst, Jackson Heights, and Corona, including Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Lefrak City and LaGuardia Airport. Julissa is a Democrat.
- City Council District 22 - Costa Constantinides represents the New York City Council’s 22nd District, which includes his native Astoria along with parts of Jackson Heights, Woodside, and East Elmhurst. Democrat Astoria, East Elmhurst, Jackson Heights, and Woodside. His district includes that portion of Jackson Heights north of 31st Avenue and west of 92nd Street.
- City Council District 25 - Danny Dromm "Danny" has been a progressive leader in Queens for over 20 years. He was first elected to the New York City Council in 2009 and represents District 25 (Jackson Heights & Elmhurst). He resides in Jackson Heights. Danny is Chairperson of the Council's Education Committee. He is eligible for reelection in 2017. He is a member of the Democratic party and founder of the New Visions Democratic Club.
Elected State Office Holders
- Francisco Moya
District Office: 82-11 37th Avenue, Suite 607 Jackson Heights, NY 11372 718-458-5367
Albany Office: LOB 727 Albany, NY 12248 518-455-4567
- Den Decker
National Office Holders (Washington D.C.)
U.S. House of Representatives
Congress Member Joseph Crowley, CD 14
Jackson Heights Office
82-11 37th Ave., Suite 402
Queens, NY 11372
Phone: (718) 779-1400
3219 E Tremont Ave., 2nd Floor
Bronx, NY 10461
Phone: (718) 931-1400
Washington, D.C. Office
1035 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
Phone: (202) 225-3965
In addition to Jackson Heights, the local community covers East Elmhurst and the northerner section of corona. A majority of the members live in Jackson Heights. To learn more about Community Board #3 visit its website.