Ideas for neighborhood improvement projects are suggested on this page. As we move forward with the development of our digital neighborhood, ideas posted on a page like this will be sorted, enhanced, analyzed, and appraised by the neighborhood using a review tool we refer to here as an Idea Carousel.
Eliminate the "Donate You Car" signs illegally posted on utility and light poles in neighborhood.
Economics & Jobs
- Initiate a Neighborhood Currency using via Colu or other blockchain technology.
- 3rd Level Domain Names
- Sharing stuff within the 'hood with LA leading the way.
- Augmented Reality - Start a class/project/program which teaches residents how to design and develop augmented reality. Such capabilities would assist with the development of tourism resources.
- Ageing In Place - "Aging in place" is a term used to describe a person's ability to live in the residence of their choice, for as long as they are able, as they age. This includes being able to have any services (or other support) they might need over time as their needs change. See this page for more on the prospects for what a called Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities or Norcs.
Make the LinkNYC kiosks work for our neighborhood. Prepare maps showing the reach of the wi-fi signal and means of accessing the public display screens for public interest messaging.
Several "tourism worthy" aspects of the neighborhood exist. The augmented reality technology offers the opportunity to highlight these.
- Holmes Airport Augmented Reality Tour.
- Historic Jackson Heights Augmented Reality Tour.
- Little India Augmented Reality Tour.
Noise and congestion are a persistent problem in the neighborhood. Transportation deficiencies are at the root of many of these problems.