The Greenmarket is open year around, Sundays from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at Travers Park on 34th Ave at 78th Street. Reflecting the culinary diversity of one of the most diverse neighborhoods in the city, the market offers a broad selection of vegetables, fruit, eggs, fish, honey, sustainably-raised meat and specialty Mexican produce.
The Greenmarket has been in existence since 2009, and is now the largest in Queens. The market wraps around the edge of Travers Park, drawing a large crowd of long-time residents, young couples, and families who come to shop, enjoy the lively scene, and socialize with their neighbors.
The market is operated by GrowNYC.
Payment Systems Accepted
- EBT/Food Stamps
In addition to tasty, healthful food, the Greenmarket is complemented by the following:
- GrowNYC's Clothing Collection from 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Food Scrap Composting w/NYC Compost Project hosted by Big Reuse is open from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Hey, why don't they have...?
List items here you'd like to see available a the Greenmarket. But be aware that restrictions are placed on the Greenmarket's operator by the city's health code and policy decisions aimed to promote local farmers.
- Hot tea - there must be some decent local tea.
Related Wiki Pages
- Travers Park
- The Friends of Travers Park worked to have 78th Street, adjacent to the market, designated a "playstreet" where they host family-friendly events each Sunday.
- Food Scrap Composting w/NYC Compost Project hosted by Big Reuse