Jump to navigation Jump to search
Because it's vital, we stretch the neighborhood borders a bit here.
Local Food Banks
- Lions Share Food Bank - operates from St. Mark's Episcopal Church, 33-50 82nd Street. Lion's Share Food Pantry operates the second Saturday of each month. Hours vary on Saturday and Sunday so check beforehand, call the office at 718 639-8893. Tammy E. Rose, Executive Director, Tel: 718 310 0910. Donations may be made during parish office hours, M-F, 9-12. Drop off is at the 82nd Street entrance. Lions Share accept/distributes:
- Food Products: canned items (low salt preferred) - vegetables, soups, meat, fish, tomato sauce, etc. Dried: (1-3 pound) bags/boxes: beans, rice, pasta, cereal, milk. Peanut or other nut butters, condiments, oil, vinegar, coffee, tea, baby food and supplies.
- Household Products: dish soap, paper goods, sponges, garbage bags, etc.
- School Supplies
- The Salvation Army, 88-07 35th Avenue, 718 335 3693
- Jackson Heights S.D.A., 72-25 Woodside Avenue, 718 424 4544 (verify before going)
- Corona S.D.A., 35-30 103rd Street
- First Baptist Church, 100-10 Astoria Blvd., East Elmhurst
- Evangelical Church Christ is the Light, 89-16 48th Avenue, Elmhurst