Community United Methodist Church
Community United Methodist Church is a bridge in a diverse community. Many churches in Queens have closed even as our community needs a healing word from Christ. Pressures built, in the neighborhoods, as new languages, customs, business, and ever increasing numbers of people arrived.
The World’s Fair of 1964 introduced sixty ethnic communities of Jackson Heights. In the years since, the Borough of Queens has become the most diverse ethnically in the nation. To serve its neighborhood Community United Methodist Church of Jackson Heights decided to build and be a new multi-language congregation.
- English Service: Sunday 10 AM - 11:30 AM in the Main Sanctuary
- Chinese Service: Sunday 10:30 AM in basement
- Spanish Service: Sunday 12 PM in the Main Sanctuary
- Birthplace of Criss Cross, better known as Scrabble. Invented by Alfred Mosher Butts and perfected by his wife Nina and the Community United Methodist Women.
Eight (8) rooms and an outdoor garden are available for community meetings 7 days a week for gatherings large and small. Outdoor garden space is also available. Great for civic meetings, gatherings, weddings, and photo shoots.
Call 718-446-0690 (Press 5 for more info]. After 4 pm weekdays and all day Sat and Sunday press extension ZERO (0) to talk with a receptionist.
- 81-10 35th Avenue, Jackson Heights, NY 11372
- 718 446 0690
- Church website