|JacksonHeights.nyc establish structure for this wiki and for other elements of the JacksonHeights.nyc Initiative. That being said, thoughts about this page from general users are most welcomed.|
Here we address issues relating to the tasks required to accomplish our mission, moving JacksonHeights.nyc forward.
- Posting Policies - what's allowed and what's not?
- Ethical Culture
General Activist and Leader Meeting
This position alerts and engages the neighborhood as contributors to Directory_Plan directory of local resources.
The position's genesis.
Frequently someone will post a request on JHFamilies listserve or JacksonHeightsLife.com seeking a recommendation for an accountant, babysitter, chiropractor, doctor, dumbwaiter repair, electrician, facilitator, gardener, house cleaner, ice cream cake... Most often several suggestions are offered. This position seeks to preserve those suggestions for posterity in a neighborhood directory.
The tasks will involve:
- emailing those posting recommendation requests on JHFamilies and JacksonHeightsLife.com and urging the poster to express their gratitude for the responses received by preserving them on a aptly titled neighborhood directory page on the wiki.
- creating aptly titled wiki pages for those instances where the inquiry initiator does not respond.
- educating the neighborhood, initially via JHFamilies and JacksonHeightsLife.com, as to the benefit of a neighborhood curated, owned, and controlled directory of local resources.
This will be a part-time position that supports the development of a neighborhood curated, owned, and controlled directory of local resources - an integral part of the Jackson Heights Wiki. The position will involve encouraging the addition of wiki pages, and in some instances creating wiki pages, based on JHFamilies listserve and JacksonHeightsLife.com postings. The tasks can be done by the position holder at a time and place of their choosing.
If all goes well, down the road we'll have a trustworthy, up-to-date "yellow pages" to serve our needs.
9 vacancies. Volunteer positions. Candidates must represent civic organizations, a neighborhood ethnic population, resident-owners of neighborhood oriented businesses, a cultural institution, the education world, renters and home owners, religious groups...
- No pay, stay awake nights with worry Overboss in Charge of All. Keeps codes and accounts. Assures updates...