10 Oldest Stores in Jackson Heights
Jump to navigation Jump to search
On this page we seek the names of the neighborhood's 10 oldest retail stores.
- Conway Funeral Home - 82-19 Northern Blvd - 83rd street on the north side of Northern Blvd, opened in
- Jahn's Family Restaurant and Ice Cream Parlor - at 81–04 37th Avenue, opened in the 1950's.
- Wise's Stationery Store - 81-10 37th Avenue - currently G.C.
- Brown's Army Navy Store - 83-18 37th Avenue
- Pizza Boy - 74-04 37th avenue - Pizza parlor on the southeast corner of 74th Street 37th Avenue.
- Bank 72-35 Broadway - on the northwest corner of Broadway and 73rd street - Long Island Savings/Astoria/Sterling, opened in 1948.
- Salamanca Restaurant - 79-05 Northern Blvd, 79th street and the north side of Northern Blvd - Spanish restaurant
- Armondo's Restaurant - 73-16 Northern Blvd - 74th street Northern Blvd - original location was Trieste/now Armondo's which was originally on 75th street and 37th avenue
- Supermarket - 74th street between 37th Road and 37th Avenue Key Food/
- Coral Aquarium pet store - 74th Street and Roosevelt Avenue
- Long Island Janitor Supply Store - 75-14 Roosevelt Avenue - now located on the south side of Roosevelt and 75th street