|This page is a stub - it contains too little information to provide an adequate awareness of the page's topic. Please help improve the Jackson Heights wiki by expanding it.|
One of the key advantages to living in Jackson Heights is access to great transportation, to LaGuardia and Kennedy Airports and to Manhattan via the E, F, M, R, and 7 subway lines. This page summarizes the various modes and lines and links residents to related pages.
Five subway lines serve the neighborhood.
- 7 - available 24 hours per day, with 4 stops along Roosevelt Avenue: 74th Street - Broadway (Roosevelt Avenue - Jackson Heights downstairs), 82nd Street - Jackson Heights, 90th Street - Elmhurst Avenue, and Junction Boulevard.
- E - available 24 hours per day at Roosevelt Avenue / 74th Street Station.
- F - available 24 hours per day at Roosevelt Avenue / 74th Street Station.
- M - weekdays until 11:00 p.m. (weekdays until 11:00 p.m.) at Roosevelt Avenue / 74th Street Station.
- R - all hours except late nights (all hours except late nights) at Roosevelt Avenue / 74th Street Station.
Several bus lines serve the neighborhood. Most pass through or stop adjacent to the Victor A. Moore Bus Terminal located at Roosevelt Avenue and Broadway between 74th and 75th Streets. See this page for detailed info on the buses that serve Jackson Heights.
Street parking is available but finding a space is often time consuming and sometimes competitive.
ZIP cars are available at the second floor garage at 82-11 37th Avenue. A car sharing pilot project is coming to Jackson Heights.
Yellow medallion taxis are often found near the Roosevelt Avenue / 74th street subway station. Green taxis are found everywhere. Uber, Lyft and self-driven rental vehicles are also available.