Jackson Heights Beautification Group
|This page is a stub - it contains too little information to provide an adequate awareness of the page's topic. Please help improve the Jackson Heights wiki by expanding it.|
The Jackson Heights Beautification Group (JHBG) is a grassroots organization serving the Jackson Heights neighborhood. Its members live and work in Jackson Heights and seek to make it one of the best neighborhoods in New York City. ITs website states that:
- The JHBG supports high standards; preservation; local pride; diversity; inclusion; cleanliness; greenery; civility; local schools, institutions, and merchants; and anything that enhances Jackson Heights.
- The JHBG opposes litter; crime; pollution; disorder; intolerance; landmark violations; noise; and apathy.
Programs of the JHBG include:
- Friends of Travers Park - caring for and improving Travers Park
- Garden Club website
- Green Agenda for Jackson Heights
- Jackson Heights Canine Recreation Wonderland (JHCREW) - 69th street dog run
JHBG was founded in 1988 by Mike Crowley, who served as the organization's first president.
The JHBG provides a range of volunteer opportunities including gardening, parade and music event organizing, and neighborhood cleanups. Those interested in working with the JHBG should contact the Jackson Heights Beautification Group at email@example.com.
- JHBG website
- JHBG's Facebook page
- Friends of Travers Park Facebook page
- Green Agenda for Jackson Heights Facebook page
-  Citation from Queens Buzz on September 2, 2017