Diversity Plaza is an open air public meeting space located between 73rd and 74th Streets just north of Roosevelt Avenue. It is comprised of a portion of 37th Road and a formerly unused traffic triangle.
Diversity Plaza User Guide
There's great WiFi in the Plaza, particularly near the two LinkNYC kiosks on Roosevelt Avenue.
The following restaurants face on the plaza.
- Delhi Heights - Indian cuisine
- Dumpling House - Himalayan
- Ittadi Garden and Grill - A buffet of South Asian food with a Bangladesh accent.
- Kabab King - The name says it all
- Wendy's - Traditional American fast food (burgers, fries...)
Finding relief in New York City is always a challenge. This wiki has a page on accessible toilets. Here's a list of toilets near the plaza offering different levels of access.
- Wendy's Restaurant offers ready access 17 hours per day, from 9 AM to 1 AM.
- Roosevelt Avenue Subway Station - A toilet is located in the paid customer area, one level down. Note: fare payment is required.
The Friends of Diversity Plaza is a community partnership committed to making Diversity Plaza a vibrant and welcoming neighborhood space. Friends envisions Diversity Plaza as a gateway to Jackson Heights, a meeting space, and a celebration of our neighborhood's unity. The Friends is composed of local residents, neighborhood organizations, and the Office of Council Member Daniel Dromm.
The Site Development Plan
The schematic shows the Plaza's proposed features at the time of the groundbreaking in July 2017. See the detailed 2017 development plan here: File:2015-05-diversity-plaza-cb3.pdf.
Related Wiki Pages
- The Diversity Plaza plan as proposed in 2015: File:2015-05-diversity-plaza-cb3.pdf.
- Friends of Diversity Plaza
- SUKHI New York - a leader in developing Diversity Plaza
- Roosevelt Parc